Friday, November 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday: FLY

My inner critic has been busy this week, time to finish that voice off with Five Minute Friday.

Five Minute Friday


Want to join in on one of the most cleansing ways to enter your weekend? Check out the awesome Lisa Jo Baker for details.





My timer is ready, my fingers are ready...TYPE!

Today's word is FLY.

In the words of Lenny Kravitz:

"I want to get away, I want to get away. I want to FLY away."

Exactly the way I felt this week.

We were the victims of a home invasion last week.

Total violation.

As I struggled to wrap my brain around what happened and how we move forward, I wanted to bolt up and jet away!

No one was hurt, we were actually coming home from church.

The thieves made off with all of the electronics. No problem.

One other thing was in danger of being taken. Our peace.

So, instead of physically flying away (yeah, like I am Superman!), I flew into prayer.

I purposely aimed myself right into God, flew right into him.

I thank Him that He is our Shield, our Buckler. We trust in Him.

I will gladly fly into Him any day.



post signature